Chef Manager Russell Robbins
Originally from Virginia Chef Russell is a well seasoned Eastern Shore Cook.
Time spent "on the line" at The Tilghman Island Inn, Chincoteague Inn and The Old Firehouse in Cape Charles has honed his cooking skills and passion for our wonderful Eastern Shore produce, friend to local producers and farmers.
We are delighted to welcome Russell into our family of Historic Inns as Chef Manager at The Washington Inn.
Our menu may not be the largest but we assure you it is all fresh produce and cooked to order. Please allow a little time for the preparation of your meal, the flavors will be worth it. If you do not agree, let us know right away and we’ll remedy the situation.
Please advise of any dietary requirements or medical restrictions in advance of ordering.
This menu is available between 11.30 am and 2.30 pm Wednesday through Saturday.
We serve Brunch on Sundays.
Tavern Country Soup with Meatballs, Spinach, Orzo and Broth
Cup $7 Bowl $9
Ice Cold Gazpacho with Avocado and crispy Croutons
Cup $7 Bowl $9 Add local Lump Crab for additional $3
Crispy Brussels with dried Cranberries & Maple Bacon with a Balsamic Glaze $9
for (V) request no Bacon
Caesar Salad with Romaine, Parmesan and house-made Garlic Herb Croutons (V) $9
Caprese Salad with local Tomatoes and Basil, Mozzarella and aged Balsamic (V) $10
Summer Berry Salad with mixed Greens, Strawberries, Blueberries, crumbled Blue Cheese and agedBalsamic (V) $10
add to your Salad half size Roast Chicken for additional $4, Shrimp for $4 and Salmon for $6
Chef’s Recipe Crab Dip topped with Cheddar served with Pita Chips $12
Calamari crispy flash fried with Thai Chili Sauce, toasted Coconut and Cilantro$12
Fried Green Tomatoes topped with local Crab Salad and Chipotle Aioli $12
* Chicken Salad Sandwich with Cranberry and Walnuton Croissant $12
* Fried Green Tomato BLT Club Sandwich with crispy Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Chipotle Aioli $12
* “Tavern Burger”with8oz Premium Angus Beef, crisp Bacon, Cheddar or Provolone Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Onion on a Brioche Bun $15
* “Fish n’Chips” with Beer-battered Cod, Apple-Blue Cheese Coleslaw or Buttered Peas and Lemon Caper Tarter $15
* Tempura-battered Fried Soft Shell Crab Sandwich with Lettuce and Tomato in a Brioche Bun $16
* Broiled Eastern Shore 3½ oz Crab Cake Sandwich with Lettuce and Tomato in a Brioche Bun $18
* served with our hand-cut and twice-fried Fries and Signature Apple-Blue Cheese Coleslaw
Summer Garden Risotto with Arborio Rice, white wine, Vegetable Stock, Mushrooms, Onions, Tomatoes, Asparagus, Garlic and Herbs (V) $16 or half entrée $9
Desserts (each $7)
Pavlova with Summer Berries and Chantilly Cream
Crème Brûlée with local Honey and Rosemary
New York Baked Cheesecake with local Strawberry Basil Jam
Ask your server about our seasonal Sorbets
Hot Beverages all $2.50 Regular or decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Chocolate, and selection of Hot Teas
Please advise us of any allergies prior to ordering. The consumption of raw or under-cooked eggs, meat, poultry, seafood, or shellfish may increase your risk of food borne illness.
“If you enjoy your experience please tell everyone and if you do not, please tell me. We are eager to please”, Chef Manager Russell Robbins.